Digital Product Designer & Front-End Developer
I am a passionate, skilled designer with a proven track record of delivering thoughtful solutions that benefit businesses by empowering users. I am seeking a meaningful role within an innovative technology company.
Sept 2018 - Present
For the past year or so, I've been working as a consultant for FutureDraft, a digital product design firm with fortune 500 clients in the finance, energy and healthcare spaces.
In this role, I've worked directly with FutureDraft clients to run the product design process from the identification and ideation phase through concept creation, user testing/iteration and handoff.
Sept 2012 - Aug 2019
The Charles Schwab Corporation & OptionsXPress by Charles Schwab
UI Designer ▸ UX Designer ▸ Senior UX Designer ▸ Senior Manager, UX
In my time at OX & Schwab, I've worked with partners across internal business groups and outside design and development vendors to design financial products for web and mobile.
I've been a staunch advocate for the user while keeping one eye on business objectives and I've succeeded in designing products that are engaging, user-friendly and cohesive across a wide range of platforms and devices.
I was selected to serve on a quarterly innovation team where I led the design of a new product involving visualization of complex financial trades. I was named as co-inventor on patent application and received the 2014 Innovation MVP Award for my work on this project.
Day-to-Day Work and Deliverables
- Interaction Flows
- Visual Guidelines (Redlines)
- Interactive Prototypes (HTML/CSS/JS)
Highlighted Projects and Contributions
- Style Guide and Pattern Library
- Data Visualization and Charting Standards
- Flexible and Responsive Frameworks
- Icon Font
Sept 2006 - Sept 2012
At WhereToLive.com, I led the UX and visual design work for multiple versions of the company's online real estate platform, which includes data-rich customer facing desktop and mobile websites and a back office and CRM system for use by agents and brokers.
- Aided engineering team in markup, styling and scripting tasks.
- Took on marketing-related design tasks and creation of business collateral.
- Completed design and development of corporate website.
- Trained and mentored junior designers.
July 2004 - Aug 2006
Sonic Foundry, Inc.
Design Intern ▸ Junior Designer
- Built interactive product demo in Adobe Flash.
- Aided in design of corporate website and information portal.
- Designed user interface elements for Mediasite product line.
- Assisted with design of product packaging and trade show signage.
- Various Wireframing & Prototyping Tools
- Basic PHP
Other Relevant Interests & Skills
- User Research & Testing
- Data Visualization
- Product Strategy
- Presentations & Public Speaking
- World Travel